Wednesday 21 March 2012

A LOT OF FAITH AND A LIL SUPERSTITION

I am not overly religious but I am spiritual. Right now, I am going through some rough times regarding my physical health which in turn is affecting me emotionally too. I know its just a phase and that it will pass. Yesterday one of my best friends got me a sacred thread which she brought from a church and tied on my forearm. It was so sweet of her to do that.




Now whenever I look at it I feel a sense of peace on a subconscious level to actually have a part of God with me. I am not superstitious but I do know that there are certain things that science cannot explain. Faith is such a powerful thing and when you believe wholeheartedly in something miracles do happen.

I still remember when I was a child me & my sis used to have these horrible nightmares and we would get up in the middle of the night and go to our parents room. It became such a common thing every night that my Papa came up with a plan. He asked us to bring two fake crystals and before we went to sleep every night he would say some mantra holding the crystals in his hand and then would ask us to keep it underneath our pillow. Surprise Surprise we never had nightmares anymore. Why??? 'coz he was reinforcing the faith in us by asking us to keep the crystals that "Nothing is going to happen". It was  this undying belief of ours that helped us from seeing  those silly nightmares. It took us a while to realise that the whole thing was bogus (read when I was 13 or so) and by that time I had basically outgrown the "nightmares".

Maybe the sacred thread does the same thing but whatever it is...... I can really use some faith, belief & some miracles.

Visit my main blog HERE

Join me @ GoodReads HERE

3 comments:

Kavi said...

I hope you get well soon!
And yes, I totally believe in t he miracles of the universe! :) I spent 4 days silently crying in my room coz I realized I had so much to study & I believed I wouldn't clear my exams. My mum found out & tied a thread from our temple. I don't know what magic powers a simple thread has. But my god! the sudden confidence is amazing! :)

Jen..The Butterfly Effect said...

Faith is really something! I think spirituality deals with faith but religion does NOT! Lovely saying LOTR! I loved this write up! :)

DocPriya said...

that was so sweet of your friend to give you the thread which reinforced faith in you! Hope you maintain that peace and faith.. And may your dreams come true!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...