Friday 15 April 2011

Dear Stranger..........Thanks

This happened to me some yrs back when I was doing my third year MBBS. We all had to visit an alcohol de-addiction center which was situated near a beach. So, community medicine posting and the assignments are kind of like an outing for us. After all we were going to the beach!!!!! :D We were a batch of 20-25 people who visited the place on that day and after the visit we begged our professor to let us enjoy some time at the beach. THankfully she agreed and here we were with our Doctor's coats and Stethoscopes, having a ball!



Now, let me get to my "story". When it was time to leave, some of my friends complained that they were thirsty and I went to a nearby shop to get a bottle of water and to my astonishment when I returned the van in which we came in was gone!My "great friends" forgot that I am left behind and simply went off. At those times we were not allowed to carry our mobiles with us(college policy!..weird......I know) I was standing at this road, which is practically deserted even though its afternoon and suddenly two guys come up to me on their bikes and asked me if i am interested.........and I was like WHAT!!!!! and they again asked me my "RATE"!!!! Here I am, all dressed up in my doctor's coat and a stethoscope to boot and what did these guys think.........that am into ROLE PLAY????? I was much too stunned to even answer......'coz it came out of nowhere and to be honest the place was like kind of isolated, so I tried to move away from them and thankfully a lady who was trying to sell peanuts at the beach saw this and  came to my side because she understood, that there is something wrong (She had seen me come with my friends) and those F****** on the bike decided to leave.

Suddenly, there is this another guy who is coming up on his bike and he started telling me something and honestly I didn't listen as I was seething with rage and I told him to just "F*** off". He looked at me back in the most disgusted way and just took off. Suddenly the man from whom I had bought the bottle of water came up to me and told me that this other man had seen my friends take off in the college van and caught up with them and told them that I am still standing at the beach and that I am stranded!

Well, to cut the story short, my van with my "friends" came back (I was so angry with them for leaving me and not noticing ) and I felt sooooooooo bad, because I coudn't say THANK YOU to that wonderful stranger who helped me. I know its not my fault that I behaved the way I did with him, but I just wish that my behaviour doesn't deter him from helping someone else in the future. Just because of those two bloody B****** , I couldn't express my gratitude to someone who helped me when I needed it the most.



I just want to say a big THANK YOU to that stranger and where ever you are, you really saved me that day! :)


8 comments:

Segments of Life said...

You remind me of me. If someone is being nice or whatever, and if by accident I came off as a little rude, I would never forgive myself, keep thinking about it, and punish myself for it til the day I die. It's not very healthy you know... I'm sure he understood that you were lost, frustrated, and a little bit scared :)

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Wow. How awful your friends just took off, forgetting about you! I would have been SO angry! It seems like you were in an unsafe area too, if those guys just randomly thought you were a prostitute. Which is extremely bizarre since you were in uniform. What a horrible, horrible situation.

Don't feel badly about yelling at the stranger, because any girl in your position would have done so as well. You just didn't know what to expect after being harrassed by those creepy guys. It's just a shame that guy didn't realize why you were so high strung when we tried getting your attention.

Ah well. I'm glad you made it back to your "friends" safely in the end.

Chandana said...

OMG.. that is so scary! Thank God you had someone to help u out! Not your fault that you screamed at him too...
Wherever he is.. hope he reads this!

lifeontherocks said...

@SOF:-ya, i do hope he understood, 'coz i would never ever want him NOT to help another person b'coz of this incident.

@JF:-ya am happy that he was there to help me out and I think my friends were the real "creeps" lol.

@chandana:-ya me too :)

Natasha said...

awww..I know how guilty you must be feeling..It is quite natural..It has happened with me too :( Hope he reads this :)

UB said...

Oh my! That actually happened...?? Well alls well that ends well.

Shilpi said...

Oh don't worry dear he would have sensed your gratitude towards him that day only :) Nice man he was :)

Gowthami Nandigala said...

Ohhhff...such a terrible incident... these happen sometimes...

I hope ur gratitude reached him with this...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...