Tuesday 12 April 2011

GUYS SHOULD BE DANCING CLASSICAL DANCE LIKE MEN!!!!

I have hated the guys who become "girly" after learning classical Indian dance forms like Bharatnatyam, Kuchipudi, Kathak and what not......Man I hate it when men do that. Leave those feministic facial expressions to women! I was against it till I came across these videos. It has the legendary Kamal Hassan, the versatile Indian actor. He starred as a classical dancer way back in 1982 in the movie sagara sangamam which received the National Award for the best film at that time and the guy simply rocks!!! He dances the way a MAN should be dancing rather than incorporate feminine moves to them. I loved him in the movie which was dubbed into tamil and malayalam at that time and it became  a stupendous success.......


The above video features the versatile actor Kamal Hassan and the ever beautiful Jayaprada together and the music is by ilayaraja and sung by S.P Balasubrahmaniam

The movie is shown as a flashback and due to some circumstances the main protagonist(kamal hassan)  fails to become a well known dancer eventhough he deserved it and in the end  becomes a journalist or art critic in a paper and  makes fun of a dancer in his column and the girl who has only had people shower her with false appreciation thinks she is a big shot till she meets Kamal Hassan, who shows her how to dance to the same music in 3 different ways in "Bharatnatyam" ,"Kathak" and "kathakali" and it just blows you away! check it out below.



Isn't the actor something else? He is just so bloody versatile and I wish we had more actors like him! and please a request to all the male classical dancers out there, please show your masculinity in the movement. I know for portraying certain themes one has to show a bit feminity, but please, nobody likes a guy dancing the way a female should!

What is your opinion guys?

7 comments:

pavani reddy said...

kamal haasan..truly versatile..hez the BEST actor...anju try to watch his other movies like aakali raajyam,erra gulabi,maro charitra u will love them

Chandana said...

I know!!! One of the most brilliant actors in one of his best roles... no wonder the movie is a classic!

And yes.. men dancing with feministic expressions - a big turn off!!!

UB said...

So true! I think these male dancers should take some lessons ..I mean c'mon it's just a dance and not exchange of the hormones that they end up acting that girly! Nice post..with nice videos..!

lifeontherocks said...

@PR:-hey thanks for the recommendation. will definitely watch em. I just love him! he is GOD! as far as acting is concerened!

@chandana:-Ya, plz leave the feminine expressions to us! plzzzzzzzz lol

@UB:-exchange of hormones lol. i like that :D

Shilpi said...

I totally agree to your post!! I mean why do men have to dance with all those girly expressions and movements :|
And about Kamal Hassan, he's a legend and super duper great actor :)
Loved the vdo's :)

Natasha said...

Wow! What a great movie! We think so much alike:D thrs exactly what ibfelt when I wtched ths movie as to y all men can't dance like him. He dances like how a man shud :) and I love kamal hassan!

Gowthami Nandigala said...

Hmm Yeah..no doubt it was a good classic...and u know one of my all-time favourites... I luv watching kamal dancing classical!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...